Senior Living in 18640 (Pittston, PA)
- 18640 has a SeniorScore® of 78, which is the highest of any zip code in Pittston, PA.
- 18640 scores higher than the Pittston, PA average of 77.
- 18640 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18640 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 8 hospitals nearby, including Mercy Hospital Of Wilkes-barre, Wilkes-barre General Hospital, and Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center.
- There are 42 senior living facilities in the area, including Wesley Village Campus, Oakwood Terrace, and Golden LivingCenter - East Mountain.
- There are 25 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 25 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 140 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 45 golf courses nearby, including Glenmaura National Golf Course, Hollenback Golf Club, and Eighteen Hole Course at Pine Hills Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Seven Tubs Nature Area and McDade Park).
- There are 64 churches nearby, including Our Lady of Mt Carmel Church, St Mary\'s Assumption, and St John Evangelist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,670, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,312, which is in the top 61% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,857, which is in the top 42% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.86%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18640 has an average population density of 605.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.61%.