Senior Living in 18641 (Pittston, PA)
- 18641 has a SeniorScore® of 76, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Pittston, PA.
- 18641 scores lower than the Pittston, PA average of 77.
- 18641 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18641 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 30 senior living facilities in the area, including Oakwood Terrace, Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and Scranton Health Care Center.
- There are 20 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 67 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 39 golf courses nearby, including Glenmaura National Golf Course, Eighteen Hole Course at Pine Hills Country Club, and Applewood Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (McDade Park)..
- There are 36 churches nearby, including Sacared Heart of Jesus Church, Holy Mother of Sorrows Rectory, and S S Peter & Paul Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $52,297, which is in the top 65% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $41,828, which is in the top 65% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,234, which is in the top 51% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.03%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18641 has a dense population density of 1,559.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 89.00%.