Senior Living in 18643 (Pittston, PA)
- 18643 has a SeniorScore® of 77, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Pittston, PA.
- 18643 scores the same as the Pittston, PA average of 77.
- 18643 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18643 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 43 senior living facilities in the area, including Highland Manor Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Wesley Village Campus, and Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- There are 25 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 35 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 137 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 37 golf courses nearby, including Fox Hill Country Club, Four Seasons Golf Club, and Applewood Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Frances Slocum State Park and McDade Park).
- There are 54 churches nearby, including St Cecilia\'s Catholic Church, Church of the Holy Redeemer, and Immaculate Conception Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,348, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,325, which is in the top 43% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,715, which is in the top 29% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.34%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18643 has an average population density of 678.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.55%.