Senior Living in 18653 (Ransom, PA)
- 18653 scores the same as the Ransom, PA average of 82.
- 18653 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18653 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Clarks Summit State Hospital).
- There are 43 senior living facilities in the area, including Highland Manor Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Riverside Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and Carl F Greenley Personal Care.
- There are 27 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 103 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 37 golf courses nearby, including Four Seasons Golf Club, Applewood Golf Course, and Fox Hill Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Frances Slocum State Park, McDade Park, and Steamtown National Historic Site.
- There are 50 churches nearby, including Church of the Holy Redeemer, St Cecilia\'s Catholic Church, and Immaculate Conception Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.40% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $49,377, which is in the top 72% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,750, which is in the top 59% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,489, which is in the top 84% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18653 has an average population density of 534.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.00%.