Senior Living in 18655 (Shickshinny, PA)
- 18655 scores the same as the Shickshinny, PA average of 76.
- 18655 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18655 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Clear Brook Lodge, Berwick Hospital Center, and Mercy Special Care Hospital.
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Bonham Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Berwick Hospital Center, and Fern Wood Manor.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 29 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 49 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 40 golf courses nearby, including Willow Run Inn & Golf Course, Berwick Golf Club, and Jean\'s Run Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Whispering Pines Camping Estates, Council Cup Campground, and Red Rock Mountain Campground.
- There are 36 churches nearby, including Christian Covenant Academy, First United Methodist Church, and Good Shepherd Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,106, which is in the top 47% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,593, which is in the top 42% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,874, which is in the top 53% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.69%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18655 has a very sparse population density of 86.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.24%.