Senior Living in 18656 (Sweet Valley, PA)
- 18656 scores the same as the Sweet Valley, PA average of 77.
- 18656 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18656 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Clear Brook Lodge).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Fern Wood Manor, Star Hill Rest Home, and Lakeside Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 38 golf courses nearby, including Farley\'s Sweet Valley Golf Course, Jean\'s Run Golf Course, and Mill Race Golf & Camping Resort.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Ricketts Glen State Park, Red Rock Mountain Campground, and Grassmere Park Campgrounds.
- There are 18 churches nearby, including Church of Christ, Church of Christ, and Our Lady of Victory Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $64,107, which is in the top 38% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,453, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,181, which is in the top 45% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.68%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18656 has a very sparse population density of 42.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.03%.