Senior Living in 18660 (Wapwallopen, PA)
- 18660 scores the same as the Wapwallopen, PA average of 83.
- 18660 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18660 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Mercy Special Care Hospital, Berwick Hospital Center, and Clear Brook Lodge.
- There are 36 senior living facilities in the area, including Johnson\'s Home For The Aged, Butler Valley Manor Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Guardian Elder Care Center.
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 50 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 132 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 40 golf courses nearby, including Blue Ridge Trail Golf Club, Sand Springs Golf Course, and Edgewood in the Pines.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Council Cup Campground, Moyers Grove Campground, and Nescopeck State Park.
- There are 84 churches nearby, including St Peter United Ch of Christ, St James Lutheran Church, and St Johns United Church-Christ.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,879, which is in the top 48% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,018, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,575, which is in the top 43% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.65%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18660 has a very sparse population density of 87.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.61%.