Senior Living in 18661 (White Haven, PA)
- 18661 scores the same as the White Haven, PA average of 77.
- 18661 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18661 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 8 hospitals nearby, including Mercy Hospital Of Wilkes-barre, Wilkes-barre General Hospital, and Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center.
- There are 31 senior living facilities in the area, including Mountain Top Senior Care and Rehabilitation Center, Ida P Weitz Boarding Home, and Smith Health Care Ltd.
- There are 13 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 78 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 61 golf courses nearby, including Mountain Laurel Golf Club, Mountain Laurel Golf Club, and Wilkes-Barre Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Sandy Valley Campground, Whitewater Challengers - Lehigh River, and Nescopeck State Park.
- There are 42 churches nearby, including St Patrick\'s Catholic Church, White Haven United Methodist, and St Paul\'s Lutheran Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,371, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,458, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,234, which is in the top 45% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.42%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18661 has a very sparse population density of 42.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.54%.