Senior Living in 18701 (Wilkes Barre, PA)
- 18701 has a SeniorScore® of 73, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Wilkes Barre, PA.
- 18701 scores lower than the Wilkes Barre, PA average of 76.
- 18701 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18701 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 8 hospitals nearby, including Mercy Hospital Of Wilkes-barre, Wilkes-barre General Hospital, and Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center.
- There are 23 senior living facilities in the area, including St. Luke\'s Villa, Golden LivingCenter - Summit, and Little Flower Manor.
- There are 14 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 126 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 25 golf courses nearby, including Hollenback Golf Club, Wilkes-Barre Golf Club, and Wyoming Valley Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Kirby Park and Seven Tubs Nature Area).
- There are 51 churches nearby, including St Stephen\'s Episcopal Church, St Nicholas Church, and Ohav Zedek Synagogue.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $23,092, which is in the top 100% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $14,231, which is in the top 100% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $11,589, which is in the top 98% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.42%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18701 has a dense population density of 6,455.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 77.15%.