Senior Living in 18707 (Mountain Top, PA)
- 18707 scores the same as the Mountain Top, PA average of 73.
- 18707 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18707 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Mercy Special Care Hospital).
- There are 28 senior living facilities in the area, including Smith Health Care Ltd, Mountain Top Senior Care and Rehabilitation Center, and Birchwood Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 12 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 52 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 32 golf courses nearby, including Blue Ridge Trail Golf Club, Wyoming Valley Country Club, and Sand Springs Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Nescopeck State Park)..
- There are 37 churches nearby, including Christ United Methodist Church, St Martin\'s in the Field, and St Jude\'s Parish Ctr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $88,261, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $75,289, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,873, which is in the top 17% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.66%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18707 has a sparse population density of 312.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.68%.