Senior Living in 18708 (Shavertown, PA)
- 18708 scores the same as the Shavertown, PA average of 83.
- 18708 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18708 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 32 senior living facilities in the area, including The Meadows Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, The Village at Greenbriar, and Mercy Center Nursing Unit.
- There are 16 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 32 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 118 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Huntsville Golf Club, Hollenback Golf Club, and Executive Course at Newberry Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Kirby Park and Frances Slocum State Park).
- There are 59 churches nearby, including Shavertown United Methodist, Trucksville Methodist Church, and St Therese\'s Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $93,210, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $64,688, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,258, which is in the top 16% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.36%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18708 has an average population density of 533.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.58%.