Senior Living in 18810 (Athens, PA)
- 18810 scores the same as the Athens, PA average of 71.
- 18810 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18810 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Robert Packer Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Sayre Health Care Center, Elderwood at Waverly, and Guthrie Towanda Memorial Hospital.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 15 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 17 golf courses nearby, including Chemung Golf Course, DJ\'s Golf Center Par 3, and Tioga Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Two Rivers)..
- There are 6 churches nearby, including St Joseph\'s Roman Catholic Chr, First Church of God, and Jehovah\'s Witnesses.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.06% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.45% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $53,062, which is in the top 63% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $40,213, which is in the top 69% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,389, which is in the top 62% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.69%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 18810 has a sparse population density of 134.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.62%.