Senior Living in 18822 (Hallstead, PA)
- 18822 scores the same as the Hallstead, PA average of 72.
- 18822 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18822 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Montrose General Hospital, Endless Mountain Hlth Systems, and United Health Services Hosps.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Gracious Living Estates, Meadow View Senior Living Center, LLC., and Hearth Management LLC.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 27 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 30 golf courses nearby, including Conklin Players Club, Montrose Club, The, and Vestal Hills Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Lakeside Campground, Salt Springs Park, and Schnurbusch Park.
- There are 8 churches nearby, including Little White Church, Conklin First Presbyterian Chr, and St John Evangelist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.66% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.44% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,052, which is in the top 60% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,841, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,463, which is in the top 61% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.41%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18822 has a very sparse population density of 87.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.21%.