Senior Living in 18823 (Harford, PA)
- 18823 scores the same as the Harford, PA average of 81.
- 18823 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18823 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Montrose General Hospital and Endless Mountain Hlth Systems).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Meadow View Senior Living Center, LLC., Barnes-Kasson County Hospital, and Samuel J Bailey Apartments.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (42% of the total population).
- There are 35 golf courses nearby, including Montrose Club, The, Lakeland Golf Club, and Panorama Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Shady Rest Campground, Shore Forest Campground, and Salt Springs Park.
- There are 4 churches nearby, including Acre Lake Baptist Church, St Patrick\'s Church, and Nicholson United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.66% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.44% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $44,023, which is in the top 84% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $40,938, which is in the top 67% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,737, which is in the top 66% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18823 has a very sparse population density of 72.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.08%.