Senior Living in 18830 (Little Meadows, PA)
- 18830 scores the same as the Little Meadows, PA average of 76.
- 18830 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18830 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 22 senior living facilities in the area, including The Homesteads, LLC - The Paquette FTHA, The Homesteads, LLC - The Prentice FTHA, and ResCare.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (38% of the total population).
- There are 26 golf courses nearby, including Tall Pines Players Club, Links at Hiawatha Landing, The, and Apalachin Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (West Endicott Park and Hickories Park).
- There are 20 churches nearby, including Park Terrace United Methodist, United Methodist Church, and St Margaret Mary\'s Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.66% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.44% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $61,968, which is in the top 42% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,809, which is in the top 42% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,458, which is in the top 34% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.21%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 18830 has a very sparse population density of 30.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.14%.