Senior Living in 18837 (Rome, PA)
- 18837 scores the same as the Rome, PA average of 69.
- 18837 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18837 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Robert Packer Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Personal Care Home-Memorial Hospital, Guthrie Towanda Memorial Hospital, and Sayre Health Care Center.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 22 golf courses nearby, including Tioga Country Club, Links at Hiawatha Landing, The, and Apalachin Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 8 churches nearby, including St Joseph\'s Roman Catholic Chr, First Church of God, and Jehovah\'s Witnesses.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.06% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.45% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $52,522, which is in the top 64% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $41,861, which is in the top 65% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,061, which is in the top 70% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.71%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 18837 has a very sparse population density of 36.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.61%.