Senior Living in 18840 (Sayre, PA)
- 18840 scores the same as the Sayre, PA average of 71.
- 18840 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18840 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Robert Packer Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Sayre Health Care Center, Elderwood at Waverly, and The Waterford at Woodbridge.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 15 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 19 golf courses nearby, including Chemung Golf Course, DJ\'s Golf Center Par 3, and Tioga Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Two Rivers)..
- There are 5 churches nearby, including St James Catholic Church, United Methodist Church, and First Church of God.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.06% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.45% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,695, which is in the top 59% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $41,839, which is in the top 65% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,571, which is in the top 49% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.72%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 18840 has a sparse population density of 238.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.18%.