Senior Living in 18842 (South Gibson, PA)
- 18842 scores the same as the South Gibson, PA average of 80.
- 18842 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18842 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Marian Community Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Forest City Nursing and Rehab Center, Samuel J Bailey Apartments, and Barnes-Kasson County Hospital.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 33 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 37 golf courses nearby, including Panorama Golf Course, Lake Lorain Golf Club, and Scottish Glen Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Shady Rest Campground and Shore Forest Campground).
- There are 7 churches nearby, including Acre Lake Baptist Church, Nicholson United Methodist Chr, and St Patrick\'s Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.66% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.44% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $69,536, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $73,750, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,718, which is in the top 42% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.23%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18842 has a very sparse population density of 67.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.72%.