Senior Living in 18843 (South Montrose, PA)
- 18843 scores the same as the South Montrose, PA average of 69.
- 18843 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18843 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Montrose General Hospital and Endless Mountain Hlth Systems).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Meadow View Senior Living Center, LLC. and Gracious Living Estates)
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 14 golf courses nearby, including Montrose Club, The, Tall Pines Players Club, and Shadowbrook Inn & Resort.
- There is 1 park nearby (Salt Springs Park)..
- There are 2 churches nearby (W Burlington United Methodist and Acre Lake Baptist Church).
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.66% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.44% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $39,232, which is in the top 92% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $31,964, which is in the top 88% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,959, which is in the top 65% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.73%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18843 has a sparse population density of 315.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.23%.