Senior Living in 18844 (Springville, PA)
- 18844 scores the same as the Springville, PA average of 76.
- 18844 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18844 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Mercy Tyler Hospital, Montrose General Hospital, and Endless Mountain Hlth Systems.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Samuel J Bailey Apartments, Dotti Lou Personal Care Home, and Lithia Valley Manor.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 24 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 37 golf courses nearby, including Shadowbrook Inn & Resort, Scranton Canoe Club, and Stone Hedge Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Shore Forest Campground, Cozy Creek Family Campground, and Salt Springs Park.
- There are 15 churches nearby, including W Burlington United Methodist, United Methodist Church, and Nicholson United Methodist Chr.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.66% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.44% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $62,543, which is in the top 40% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $57,621, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,045, which is in the top 52% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.57%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18844 has a very sparse population density of 54.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.81%.