Senior Living in 18850 (Ulster, PA)
- 18850 scores the same as the Ulster, PA average of 77.
- 18850 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18850 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Memorial Hospital, Inc Towanda, Memorial Hospital, and Robert Packer Hospital.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Guthrie Towanda Memorial Hospital, Personal Care Home-Memorial Hospital, and Bradford County Manor.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 27 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 18 golf courses nearby, including Towanda Country Club, Chemung Golf Course, and DJ\'s Golf Center Par 3.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Mt. Pisgah State Park and Two Rivers).
- There are 4 churches nearby, including Jehovah\'s Witnesses, St Joseph\'s Roman Catholic Chr, and Saints Peter & Paul\'s Rectory.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.06% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.45% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,476, which is in the top 56% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,400, which is in the top 55% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,239, which is in the top 63% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.59%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 18850 has a very sparse population density of 39.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.88%.