Senior Living in 18901 (Doylestown, PA)
- 18901 has a SeniorScore® of 74, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Doylestown, PA.
- 18901 scores lower than the Doylestown, PA average of 75.
- 18901 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18901 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Doylestown Hospital and Foundations Behavioral Health).
- There are 27 senior living facilities in the area, including Wesley Enhanced Living - Doylestown, Briarleaf Nursing and Convalescent Center, and Wesley Enhanced Living.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 123 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 86 golf courses nearby, including Doylestown Country Club, Neshaminy Valley Golf Club, and Bucks County Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Peace Valley)..
- There are 30 churches nearby, including Covenant Presbyterian Church, First Baptist Church, and Linders Robert H.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.68% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $107,010, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $83,860, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $41,560, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.99%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 18901 has an average population density of 1,369.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.46%.