Senior Living in 18940 (Newtown, PA)
- 18940 scores the same as the Newtown, PA average of 78.
- 18940 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18940 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including St Mary Medical Center, Trenton Psychiatric Hospital, and Warminster Hospital.
- There are 69 senior living facilities in the area, including American Prosperity Group, The Birches at Newtown, and Pickering Manor Home.
- There are 25 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 203 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 100 golf courses nearby, including Northampton Valley Country Club, Middletown Country Club, and Jericho National Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Tyler State Park, Bowman\'s Hill Wildflower Preserve, and Washington Crossing Historic Park.
- There are 60 churches nearby, including St Lukes Episcopal Church, Shir Ami, and First Baptist Church-Newtown.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.68% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $161,305, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $115,631, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $60,110, which is in the top 2% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.95%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 18940 has an average population density of 882.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.24%.