Senior Living in 18951 (Quakertown, PA)
- 18951 scores the same as the Quakertown, PA average of 68.
- 18951 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18951 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (St Luke\'s Quakertown Hospital and Grand View Hospital).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in the area, including Independence Court of Quakertown, Belle Haven Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Quakertown House.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 72 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 80 golf courses nearby, including Melody Lakes Golf Course, Fox Hollow Golf Club, and Tumblebrook Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Men-O-Lan Christian Camp and Retreat Center and Nockamixon State Park).
- There are 55 churches nearby, including Emmanuel Episcopal Church, St Isidore\'s Catholic Church, and Grace Bible Fellowship Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.68% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $80,468, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $66,791, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,765, which is in the top 21% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.36%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 18951 has an average population density of 520.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.20%.