Senior Living in 18964 (Souderton, PA)
- 18964 scores the same as the Souderton, PA average of 74.
- 18964 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18964 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Lansdale Hospital and Grand View Hospital).
- There are 35 senior living facilities in the area, including Souderton Mennonite Homes, Valley Vista Associates, and Paradise Manor.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 91 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 103 golf courses nearby, including Twin Woods Golf Club, Indian Valley Country Club, and Mainland Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 60 churches nearby, including Calvary Church, Emmanuel Lutheran Church, and Grace Bible Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.17% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $84,317, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $69,097, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,189, which is in the top 15% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.70%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 18964 has an average population density of 1,477.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.18%.