Senior Living in 18972 (Upper Black Eddy, PA)
- 18972 scores the same as the Upper Black Eddy, PA average of 77.
- 18972 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18972 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Easton Hospital).
- There are 21 senior living facilities in the area, including Homestead House, Valley View Health Care Center, and TEC Corporation.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 63 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 85 golf courses nearby, including Oak Hill Golf Club, Club at Morgan Hill, The, and Championship Course at Silver Creek Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Ringing Rocks County Park, Tinicum Park, and Nockamixon State Park.
- There are 46 churches nearby, including Upper Tinicum Lutheran Church, Shepard of the Valley Church, and St Edwards Roman Catholic Chr.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.68% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $83,171, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $62,092, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,545, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.56%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 18972 has a sparse population density of 149.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.29%.