Senior Living in 19001 (Abington, PA)
- 19001 scores the same as the Abington, PA average of 74.
- 19001 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19001 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Abington Memorial Hospital, Holy Redeemer Hosp And Med Ctr, and Chestnut Hill Rehab Hospital.
- There are 100 senior living facilities in the area, including 2nd Home Adult Day Care Services, Sunrise of Abington, and Brookside Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 52 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 191 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 90 golf courses nearby, including Alverthorpe Park, Abington Fitness & Country Club, The, and Twining Valley Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Curtis Arboretum and Lorimer Park).
- There are 70 churches nearby, including St Anne\'s Episcopal Church, St John of the Cross, and Our Lady Help Catholic Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.17% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $92,168, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $78,330, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,395, which is in the top 16% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.76%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19001 has a dense population density of 4,914.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.06%.