Senior Living in 19006 (Huntingdon Valley, PA)
- 19006 scores the same as the Huntingdon Valley, PA average of 84.
- 19006 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19006 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 10 hospitals nearby, including Holy Redeemer Hosp And Med Ctr, Abington Memorial Hospital, and Fox Chase Cancer Center.
- There are 111 senior living facilities in the area, including Gloria Dei Retirement Communities, The Manor & Manor Court, and ManorCare Health Services-Huntingdon Valley.
- There are 68 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 39 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 457 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 102 golf courses nearby, including Centennial/Toomey Course at Huntingdon Valley Country Club, North Course at Philmont Country Club, and Meadowbrook Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Lorimer Park, Benjamin Rush State Park, and Pennypack Park.
- There are 121 churches nearby, including Huntingdon Valley Methodist, Memorial Baptist Church, and St John the Evangelist Angl.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.17% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $114,857, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $87,922, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $43,164, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.67%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19006 has a dense population density of 1,668.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.22%.