Senior Living in 19013 (Chester, PA)
- 19013 scores the same as the Chester, PA average of 58.
- 19013 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19013 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Crozer Chester Medical Center and Keystone Center).
- There are 31 senior living facilities in the area, including Johnson Small Personal Care Home, Davis Boarding Home II, and Residences at Chestnut Ridge.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 102 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 63 golf courses nearby, including Springhaven Club, Paxon Hollow Golf Club, and Rolling Green Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Taylor Memorial Arboretum, Gloucester County DREAM Park, and Bridgeport Speedway.
- There are 60 churches nearby, including Bethany Baptist Church, Calvary Baptist Church, and Shiloh Baptist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.04% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $39,078, which is in the top 92% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $27,918, which is in the top 93% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $14,510, which is in the top 93% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 16.46%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19013 has a dense population density of 6,138.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 76.63%.