Senior Living in 19015 (Brookhaven, PA)
- 19015 scores the same as the Brookhaven, PA average of 74.
- 19015 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19015 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Crozer Chester Medical Center, Keystone Center, and Riddle Memorial Hospital.
- There are 33 senior living facilities in the area, including Legacy Retirement Solutions, Residences at Chestnut Ridge, and The Belvedere .
- There are 12 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 149 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 63 golf courses nearby, including Springhaven Club, Paxon Hollow Golf Club, and Springfield Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Taylor Memorial Arboretum and Scott Arboretum of Swarthmore College).
- There are 81 churches nearby, including Our Lady of Charity Rectory, Christ United Methodist Church, and Upland Baptist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.04% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $64,617, which is in the top 37% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $57,777, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,421, which is in the top 34% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.42%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19015 has a dense population density of 5,072.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.57%.