Senior Living in 19017 (Chester Heights, PA)
- 19017 scores the same as the Chester Heights, PA average of 90.
- 19017 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19017 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Riddle Memorial Hospital, Crozer Chester Medical Center, and Keystone Center.
- There are 82 senior living facilities in the area, including Glen Mills Senior Living, Granite Farms Estates, and Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia.
- There are 24 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 37 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 344 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 110 golf courses nearby, including Clayton Park Golf Course, Golf Course At Glen Mills, The, and Spring Lake Recreation Center.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Tyler Arboretum, Taylor Memorial Arboretum, and Rose Tree Park.
- There are 159 churches nearby, including Elam United Methodist Church, St Thomas the Apostle Rectory, and Covenant Fellowship Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.04% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $123,550, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $133,036, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $41,408, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19017 has a sparse population density of 391.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.90%.