Senior Living in 19023 (Darby, PA)
- 19023 scores the same as the Darby, PA average of 58.
- 19023 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19023 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital).
- There are 26 senior living facilities in the area, including St Francis Center For Rehabilitation and Healthcare, Little Flower Manor, and ManorCare Health Services at Mercy Fitzgerald.
- There are 19 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 82 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (17% of the total population).
- There are 58 golf courses nearby, including McCall Field Golf Course, Franklin D. Roosevelt Golf Course, and Springfield Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum)..
- There are 41 churches nearby, including St Joseph\'s Church, First Baptist Church, and First Baptist Church of Darby.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.04% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $52,022, which is in the top 65% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,613, which is in the top 71% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,387, which is in the top 79% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.58%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19023 has a very dense population density of 11,098.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.17%.