Senior Living in 19033 (Folsom, PA)
- 19033 scores the same as the Folsom, PA average of 83.
- 19033 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19033 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Crozer Chester Medical Center, Keystone Center, and Delaware County Memorial Hospital.
- There are 66 senior living facilities in the area, including Conner Williams Nursing Home, Prospect Park Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Swarthmo Senior Center.
- There are 29 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 52 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 378 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 102 golf courses nearby, including Springhaven Club, Rolling Green Golf Club, and Springfield Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Scott Arboretum of Swarthmore College, Governor Printz Park, and Taylor Memorial Arboretum.
- There are 184 churches nearby, including Our Lady of Peace Rectory, Community Church of Folsom, and Swarthmore United Methodist.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.04% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $65,929, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $57,321, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,639, which is in the top 34% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.32%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19033 has a dense population density of 7,050.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.75%.