Senior Living in 19061 (Marcus Hook, PA)
- 19061 scores the same as the Marcus Hook, PA average of 75.
- 19061 scores the same as the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19061 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Crozer Chester Medical Center, Keystone Center, and Alfred I Dupont Hospital.
- There are 61 senior living facilities in the area, including Naamans Creek Country Manor, Naamans Creek Country Manor, and Forwood Manor.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 24 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 194 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 75 golf courses nearby, including Brandywine Country Club, Concord Country Club, and Concord Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Radnor Green Park, Bellevue State Park, and Rockwood Museum & Park.
- There are 100 churches nearby, including Berstecher John C, Holy Saviour Church, and Immaculate Conception Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.04% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,205, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $58,408, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,992, which is in the top 32% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.68%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19061 has a dense population density of 2,850.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.67%.