Senior Living in 19076 (Prospect Park, PA)
- 19076 scores the same as the Prospect Park, PA average of 79.
- 19076 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19076 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital, Delaware County Memorial Hospital, and Crozer Chester Medical Center.
- There are 83 senior living facilities in the area, including Prospect Park Health and Rehabilitation Center, Conner Williams Nursing Home, and Haskins House.
- There are 35 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 52 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 296 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 104 golf courses nearby, including Springhaven Club, Springfield Country Club, and Rolling Green Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Governor Printz Park, John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum, and Scott Arboretum of Swarthmore College.
- There are 161 churches nearby, including St James Episcopal Church, Olivet Presbyterian Church, and Prospect United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.04% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $71,543, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $71,035, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,309, which is in the top 25% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.02%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19076 has a very dense population density of 8,758.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.53%.