Senior Living in 19078 (Ridley Park, PA)
- 19078 scores the same as the Ridley Park, PA average of 75.
- 19078 scores the same as the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19078 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Crozer Chester Medical Center and Keystone Center).
- There are 31 senior living facilities in the area, including Conner Williams Nursing Home, Prospect Park Health and Rehabilitation Center, and The Belvedere .
- There are 20 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 135 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 75 golf courses nearby, including Springhaven Club, Springfield Country Club, and Rolling Green Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Governor Printz Park, Taylor Memorial Arboretum, and Scott Arboretum of Swarthmore College.
- There are 73 churches nearby, including Ridley Park Presbyterian Chr, Christ Church Ridley Park, and St Madeline Rectory.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.04% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $72,911, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,732, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,188, which is in the top 22% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.86%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19078 has a dense population density of 5,473.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.64%.