Senior Living in 19079 (Sharon Hill, PA)
- 19079 scores the same as the Sharon Hill, PA average of 75.
- 19079 scores the same as the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19079 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 12 hospitals nearby, including Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital, Delaware County Memorial Hospital, and St Agnes Medical Center.
- There are 91 senior living facilities in the area, including Little Flower Manor, St Francis Center For Rehabilitation and Healthcare, and White Cliff Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 53 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 55 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 396 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 119 golf courses nearby, including McCall Field Golf Course, Franklin D. Roosevelt Golf Course, and Springfield Country Club.
- There are 11 parks nearby, including John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum, Governor Printz Park, and Bartram\'s Garden.
- There are 238 churches nearby, including First African Baptist Church, Highway Church of Christ, and St John\'s Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.04% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $56,796, which is in the top 53% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,474, which is in the top 55% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,727, which is in the top 60% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 19.36%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19079 has a dense population density of 4,963.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.45%.