Senior Living in 19081 (Swarthmore, PA)
- 19081 scores the same as the Swarthmore, PA average of 79.
- 19081 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19081 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Crozer Chester Medical Center and Keystone Center).
- There are 41 senior living facilities in the area, including Swarthmo Senior Center, Plush Mills Senior Living, and ManorCare Health Services-Wallingford.
- There are 25 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 150 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 79 golf courses nearby, including Springhaven Club, Rolling Green Golf Club, and Springfield Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Scott Arboretum of Swarthmore College, Taylor Memorial Arboretum, and Governor Printz Park.
- There are 78 churches nearby, including Trinity Episcopal Church, Swarthmore United Methodist, and Swarthmore Friends Metting.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.04% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $121,338, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $89,911, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $43,671, which is in the top 6% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.05%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19081 has a dense population density of 4,627.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.83%.