Senior Living in 19090 (Willow Grove, PA)
- 19090 scores the same as the Willow Grove, PA average of 79.
- 19090 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19090 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including Abington Memorial Hospital, Holy Redeemer Hosp And Med Ctr, and Chestnut Hill Rehab Hospital.
- There are 122 senior living facilities in the area, including Garden Spring Center, The Landing at Willow Grove, and Willow Lake Retirement Residence.
- There are 60 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 42 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 337 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 102 golf courses nearby, including Twining Valley Golf Club, Commonwealth National Golf Club, and Abington Fitness & Country Club, The.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Lorimer Park, Curtis Arboretum, and Graeme Park.
- There are 111 churches nearby, including Calvary Presbyterian Church, Penier Korean Presbyterian Chr, and Willow Grove United Methodist.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.17% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $76,972, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $67,201, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,550, which is in the top 18% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.04%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19090 has a dense population density of 3,504.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.02%.