Senior Living in 19103 (Philadelphia, PA)
- 19103 has a SeniorScore® of 79, which is the 5th highest of any zip code in Philadelphia, PA.
- 19103 scores significantly higher than the Philadelphia, PA average of 66.
- 19103 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19103 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 15 hospitals nearby, including Hahnemann University Hospital, Hahnemann University Hospital, and Magee Rehabilitation Hospital.
- There are 47 senior living facilities in the area, including Atria Center City, Atria of Center City, and BTG Benefit Techgroup Inc.
- There are 29 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 224 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 72 golf courses nearby, including Franklin D. Roosevelt Golf Course, Bala Golf Club, and Karakung Course at Cobb\'s Creek Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Rittenhouse Square, Logan Square, and JFK Plaza.
- There are 87 churches nearby, including St Patrick\'s Church, Church Holy Trinity, and Cathedral Ss Peter & Paul Ofc.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.57% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.91% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $97,609, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,398, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $66,169, which is in the top 2% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.63%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19103 has a very dense population density of 34,284.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.41%.