Senior Living in 19107 (Philadelphia, PA)
- 19107 has a SeniorScore® of 72, which is the 11th highest of any zip code in Philadelphia, PA.
- 19107 scores higher than the Philadelphia, PA average of 66.
- 19107 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19107 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 8 hospitals nearby, including Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Pennsylvania Hosp Of The Univ Of Pa Health Sys, and Hahnemann University Hospital.
- There are 49 senior living facilities in the area, including Mercy-Douglass Sansom House , Pavilion, and Casa Farnese Apartments.
- There are 22 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 198 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (16% of the total population).
- There are 73 golf courses nearby, including Franklin D. Roosevelt Golf Course, Bala Golf Club, and Karakung Course at Cobb\'s Creek Golf Club.
- There are 10 parks nearby, including JFK Plaza, Louis I. Kahn Park, and Washington Square.
- There are 77 churches nearby, including St John the Evangelist Church, Arch Street United Meth Chr, and Chinese Gospel Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.57% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.91% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $56,183, which is in the top 55% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,194, which is in the top 64% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,670, which is in the top 16% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.23%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19107 has a very dense population density of 27,094.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.58%.