Senior Living in 19115 (Philadelphia, PA)
- 19115 has a SeniorScore® of 73, which is the 9th highest of any zip code in Philadelphia, PA.
- 19115 scores significantly higher than the Philadelphia, PA average of 66.
- 19115 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19115 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including Nazareth Hospital, Frankford Hospital, and Aria Health.
- There are 63 senior living facilities in the area, including Chapel Manor, Paul\'s Run, and Evangelical Manor.
- There are 61 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 271 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 87 golf courses nearby, including Island Green Country Club, Cherrywood Golf Course, and Philadelphia Quartet Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Lorimer Park, Pennypack Park, and Benjamin Rush State Park.
- There are 65 churches nearby, including Temple Beth Ami, Temple Beth Torah Nursery Schl, and Congregation Shaare Hashamayim.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.57% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.91% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $65,791, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,547, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,797, which is in the top 29% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.02%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19115 has a dense population density of 5,915.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.49%.