Senior Living in 19116 (Philadelphia, PA)
- 19116 has a SeniorScore® of 71, which is the 12th highest of any zip code in Philadelphia, PA.
- 19116 scores higher than the Philadelphia, PA average of 66.
- 19116 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19116 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Aria Health and Frankford Hospital).
- There are 60 senior living facilities in the area, including Somerton Center, St. John Neumann Centrr For Rehab and Healthcare, and The Arbours at Eagle Pointe.
- There are 56 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 189 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 84 golf courses nearby, including Philadelphia Quartet Golf Club, Island Green Country Club, and Cherrywood Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Benjamin Rush State Park, Lorimer Park, and Pennypack Park.
- There are 34 churches nearby, including Congregation Beth Solomon, Immanuel Evangelical Lutheran, and Calvary Chapel of Philadelphia.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.57% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.91% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,092, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,014, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,085, which is in the top 32% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.18%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19116 has a dense population density of 6,615.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.45%.