Senior Living in 19118 (Philadelphia, PA)
- 19118 has a SeniorScore® of 83, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Philadelphia, PA.
- 19118 scores significantly higher than the Philadelphia, PA average of 66.
- 19118 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19118 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 19 hospitals nearby, including Chestnut Hill Hospital, Fairmount Behavioral Hlth Syst, and Roxborough Memorial Hospital.
- There are 145 senior living facilities in the area, including Fairview Care Center of Bethlehem Pike, Wyndmoor Hills Premier Sub-Acute Center, and Springfield Residence.
- There are 64 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 55 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 467 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 118 golf courses nearby, including Walnut Lane Golf Club, Philadelphia Cricket Club, and Flourtown Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania and Curtis Arboretum).
- There are 231 churches nearby, including St Paul\'s Episcopal Church, St Martin in the Fields, and Our Mother of Consolation.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.57% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.91% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $118,370, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $80,950, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $53,293, which is in the top 3% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.33%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19118 has a dense population density of 3,074.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.44%.