Senior Living in 19119 (Philadelphia, PA)
- 19119 has a SeniorScore® of 67, which is the 20th highest of any zip code in Philadelphia, PA.
- 19119 scores higher than the Philadelphia, PA average of 66.
- 19119 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19119 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Germantown Hosp & Comm Servs and Chestnut Hill Hospital).
- There are 55 senior living facilities in the area, including Germantown Home, McCallum Assisted Life, and Homelink, Inc..
- There are 24 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There is 1 fire station in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 84 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 83 golf courses nearby, including Walnut Lane Golf Club, Cedarbrook Hill Country Club, and Lu Lu Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 50 churches nearby, including Germantown Seventh Day Advntst, Second Baptist Church, and St Madeleine Sophie Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.57% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.91% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $79,183, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,815, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,941, which is in the top 13% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.24%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19119 has a very dense population density of 8,351.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.58%.