Senior Living in 19125 (Philadelphia, PA)
- 19125 has a SeniorScore® of 62, which is the 27th highest of any zip code in Philadelphia, PA.
- 19125 scores lower than the Philadelphia, PA average of 66.
- 19125 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19125 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Temple East, Neumann Med Ctr, Kensington Hospital, and Temple East, Northeastern Hosp.
- There are 45 senior living facilities in the area, including Caribe Towers, Tucker House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Marwood Rest Home.
- There are 21 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 100 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (19% of the total population).
- There are 78 golf courses nearby, including Juniata Golf Club, Pennsauken Country Club, and Bala Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Penn Treaty Park, Johnson Park, and Franklin Square.
- There are 35 churches nearby, including Bethel Baptist Church, St Laurentius Rectory, and Bright Hope Baptist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.57% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.91% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,815, which is in the top 69% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,319, which is in the top 72% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,075, which is in the top 58% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.45%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19125 has a very dense population density of 16,684.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 77.90%.