Senior Living in 19128 (Philadelphia, PA)
- 19128 has a SeniorScore® of 70, which is the 15th highest of any zip code in Philadelphia, PA.
- 19128 scores higher than the Philadelphia, PA average of 66.
- 19128 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19128 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Roxborough Memorial Hospital, Fairmount Behavioral Hlth Syst, and Chestnut Hill Hospital.
- There are 84 senior living facilities in the area, including Fairthorne Senior Housing, Cathedral Village, and McCallum Assisted Life.
- There are 35 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 176 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 98 golf courses nearby, including Walnut Lane Golf Club, Centennial Course at Philadelphia Country Club, and Whitemarsh Valley Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania)..
- There are 83 churches nearby, including First United Methodist Church, Worship Ctr Assembly of God, and St Timothy\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.57% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.91% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $73,896, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,216, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,226, which is in the top 16% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.32%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19128 has a dense population density of 4,987.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.20%.