Senior Living in 19133 (Philadelphia, PA)
- 19133 has a SeniorScore® of 60, which is the 33th highest of any zip code in Philadelphia, PA.
- 19133 scores lower than the Philadelphia, PA average of 66.
- 19133 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19133 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including Kensington Hospital, Temple University Hospital, and Shriners Hosps For Children.
- There are 59 senior living facilities in the area, including Caribe Towers, Mercy-Douglass Susquehanna Townhouses, and Dillard House.
- There are 30 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 113 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (18% of the total population).
- There are 77 golf courses nearby, including Juniata Golf Club, Bala Golf Club, and Ashbourne Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Penn Treaty Park)..
- There are 61 churches nearby, including Morris Chapel Baptist Church, Holy Cross Lutheran Church, and Mars Hill Baptist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.57% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.91% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $22,919, which is in the top 100% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $14,586, which is in the top 100% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $9,043, which is in the top 99% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 22.07%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19133 has a very dense population density of 20,033.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 55.94%.