Senior Living in 19136 (Philadelphia, PA)
- 19136 has a SeniorScore® of 55, which is the 45th highest of any zip code in Philadelphia, PA.
- 19136 scores significantly lower than the Philadelphia, PA average of 66.
- 19136 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19136 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Nazareth Hospital).
- There are 24 senior living facilities in the area, including Immaculate Mary Center For Rehabilitation and Healthcare, Northeast Residence, and Nazareth Hospital.
- There are 23 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 2 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 77 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 65 golf courses nearby, including John F. Byrne Golf Course, Torresdale-Frankford Country Club, and Riverton Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Pennypack Park)..
- There are 17 churches nearby, including St Bernard\'s Church, Holmesburg Baptist Church, and Mount Zion Baptist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.57% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.91% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $52,458, which is in the top 64% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,492, which is in the top 63% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,423, which is in the top 73% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.38%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19136 has a very dense population density of 8,826.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.66%.