Senior Living in 19137 (Philadelphia, PA)
- 19137 has a SeniorScore® of 78, which is the 7th highest of any zip code in Philadelphia, PA.
- 19137 scores significantly higher than the Philadelphia, PA average of 66.
- 19137 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19137 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 31 hospitals nearby, including Temple East, Northeastern Hosp, John F Kennedy Mem Hospital, and Friends Hospital.
- There are 131 senior living facilities in the area, including Meadow House, Northeast Residence, and Caribe Towers.
- There are 73 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 47 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 761 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 114 golf courses nearby, including Juniata Golf Club, Pennsauken Country Club, and Riverton Country Club.
- There are 12 parks nearby, including Har NEBO Cemetery and Monuments, Penn Treaty Park, and Johnson Park.
- There are 310 churches nearby, including St Josaphat Catholic Church, Baptist Worship Ctr, and St John Cantius Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.57% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.91% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $48,668, which is in the top 74% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,184, which is in the top 64% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,019, which is in the top 76% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 17.37%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19137 has a dense population density of 3,587.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 77.49%.